Opiates originate from the poppy plant; morphine and codeine are some of the naturally-occurring opiates that depress the central nervous system and provide pain relief. Semi-synthetic opiates are formed from compounds in the poppy plant that include oxycodone, hydrocodone, oxymorphone, and hydromorphone. The term ’opioid’ is used to denote chemically synthesized drugs produced to mimic the natural effects of pain relief as seen in opiates use.
Opioids and other drugs that act on the opioid receptors have pharmacological effects like those of opiates and could have adverse effects if abused.
Our opiate screening lab can help detect the presence of the following Opiates in our fast and accurate tests.
- Codeine – Found in cough syrups prescription, Codeine is pain medication opiate. It’s dispensed for moderate pain, diarrhea, and cough. The side effects include sleepiness, dizziness and shortness of breath. The use of this opiate is habit-forming even in normal doses.
- Morphine – Named as the most common opiate obtained from the opium plant. It has hundreds of brand names and is an analgesic drug that directly affects the central nervous system. It’s a schedule II (or III based on the formulation and is used before and after surgery to ease the pain. The side effects include loss of appetite, stomach pain, constipation, vomiting, nausea, headache and trouble sleeping. It has a top potential for dependence and addiction.
- Heroin and 6-AM (6-acetylmorphine) – These are opioid compounds similar to morphine but have higher addiction capability. Heroin abusers inhale, inject or snort it to achieve faster delivery of the drug to the brain. It’s classified under Schedule I drugs implying that does not have medical use and possess high potential for abuse. The side effects include gastrointestinal cramping, constipation, and or kidney or liver disease.
- Hydrocodone – It’s a schedule II narcotic opiate analgesic and obtained from codeine. Hydrocodone is used in various injury-related and dental pain. The side effects of this drug are dry mouth, vomiting, nausea, dizziness, constipation, anxiety, and moodiness. However, some users report pleasant numbing sensation and euphoria at elevated doses.
- Hydromorphone – It’s a schedule II narcotic used to relief moderate to severe, trauma/injury, chronic pain after surgery, and cancer. The side effects include loss of appetite, headache, vomiting, dry mouth, headache, and dizziness.
- Oxycodone – Treats moderate to severe pain and is addictive. The side effects of its use include headaches, cold sweats, confusion, low blood pressure, fever, drowsiness or fainting.
- Oxymorphone – Described as a narcotic for relieving moderate to severe pain and can be obtained in formulations for immediate or extended release. The side effect includes constipation, lightheadedness, nausea, or drowsiness. The drug can have a high risk for abuse and can also cause severe breathing problems.
- Methadone – Methadone is a synthetic, narcotic analgesic for the treatment of heroin addiction and general pain relief. It shares some features with morphine, yet the slow onset assists user avoid getting high. Despite that it is prescribed for preventing addiction and dependence and other withdrawal symptoms; there is a high likelihood of addiction or illicit diversion. The side effects are itchy skin, vomiting, slowed breathing, restlessness, and constipation.
Opiates can be effective for pain relief but can also produce high psychological and physical dependence in users. Whether the opiate in question is morphine, oxymorphone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, codeine or hydrocodone, our expanded urine drug and Opiate screening lab can test for it.
For your drug and Opiate screening needs, trust Premier Medical Laboratory Services for accurate and reliable test results. For further questions and consultations, call our opiate screening lab 1-877-335-2455, place orders online and get results.
Families in Canada order more medicines per person than any other area. The variety of medications marketed by companies is no doubt a contributing problem to prescription medicament abuse epidemic. Various remedies are used to treat Bladder inflammation. Certainly it isn’t all. Kamagra is a preparation set to treat many upsets. What do you think about http://levitra-cost.com/levitra-20-mg.html? When you order medications like Kamagra you have to keep in mind about levitra 20 mg. More information about Kamagra available at levitra 20mg. Generally, both men and women are afflicted by sexual dysfunctions. At times another disease can cause to impotency. Preparatory to purchasing Kamagra or other generic, speak to your dispenser if you have any allergies. Talk to your health care vocational any changes in libido you have experienced. Online drugstore is a best way to find a doctor in your area who treats this kind of dysfunction.