Image is from Women’s Health.gov
Annually, the United States Department of health and human service office on women health leads Americans in observing a national women week. It often begins on the popular Mother’s Day and stretches to a period of one week. This year, the Americas celebrate the 18th anniversary of women health week which commences on May 14th and ends on May 20th, 2017. The primary objective of this liturgy is to inspire all women to have a priority in their health and to have a prodigious care of themselves. This year’s celebration emphasizes on the advantages of integrating active and preventive health activities in the day-day do about.
Steps to Take for a Better Health During National Women’ Health Week
The following steps will help you achieve a better health:
Physical activities such as jobbing, aerobics, going to the gym are the most important things that your health needs. It is of importance to your health since it lowers the risks of contracting the disease that is the leading cause of women’s health; the heart disease. For instance, get at least 2 to 3 hours of aerobics every week, have at least 2 hours each week to strengthen your major muscle groups, and finally, reduce your chances of falling by doing balance training.
Get Recommended Screenings and Preventive Care
You can do a regular check up with your health care providers to prevent yourself from getting diseases, disabilities, or injuries. Moreover, it is said that prevention is way better than cure; therefore, preventive care will detect the disease early thus having an initial treatment.
Take Healthy Foods
Food is integral to our life, but at times, it becomes toxic. Therefore, you ought to practice a healthy eating lifestyle such as:
- Including foods such as greens, fruits, grains, fat-free milk and any other dairy products, low salted lean meat, trans and drenched fats and low added sugars in your healthy eating plans.
- Women need to have 400 micrograms of folic acid each day for cells that their body generates every day to develop healthily. The only significant ways you can get this folic acid is by eating vitamins rich in folic acid or eating a bowl of breakfast cereal that has folic acid each day
- Avoiding smoking and drinking too much.
- Checking on your weight and getting to know if you need an excellent and effective guide to shed off some weight to stay healthy and fit.
Prioritize your Mental Health
You need to have a stable mind and a physically fit body to stay healthy. Evidence has it that a stable and healthy mind is associated with an improved body health. To have a stable mental health, you should:
- Get a sufficient daily sleep – Enough rest has a noticeable impact on how you do your daily activities and your mood for the day. Psychologists say that adult human beings need at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night to have a robust mental health
- learn healthy ways of managing stress since a healthy mind is the one which is free from fear.
Practice Healthy Behaviors
- Protect your body from the Ultraviolet rays which may damage your skin and eyes, exposing your premature skin may result in skin aging and cancer. Therefore, you are advised to Wear sun cream, sun protection glasses and have a step by step guide on skin protection.
- Per the research, 18 women die daily in the U.S. due to an overdose of the prescribed painkillers. Therefore, you are advised to follow the doctor’s prescription diligently when taking these drugs.