Premier Medical Laboratory Services, has recently reported a rapid increase in medical testing demands coming to their laboratory – The amount of COVID-19 tests alone being processed at their Greenville, SC facility has jumped 700% in the last two weeks. Much of this is due to the Omicron variant, which first made landfall in the US at the beginning of December and is now the dominant strain of the virus in the nation. Laboratories across the country have experienced backlogs and delays in their testing results because of the highly transmissible strain and the large number of people that it has quickly infected. With this influx of tests poses an immediate need for hundreds of Upstate employees to be hired at the medical laboratory. 300 employees have already been hired, and Premier is continuing to increase its staff. Along with increasing their staff, Premier has invested millions of dollars in additional laboratory equipment to bring their turnaround times back to a 24 – 48 hour time frame.
“Throughout the pandemic, we’ve been proactive in fulfilling our staffing needs,” said Kevin Murdock, CEO and Founder of Premier Medical Laboratory Services. “To ensure that we continue to properly meet testing demands amid this new surge, we are looking to vastly expand our team and to provide jobs in the community.”
PMLS is a CLIA and COLA certified laboratory. They are the choice processing lab for Health and Human Services testing sites, and the trusted COVID-19 management partner for professional sports teams, schools, colleges, large corporations, and health departments across the nation. With an expanding team, they are inviting members of the Upstate community to join them in providing vital services and information, helping to battle COVID-19 and its new variants and to improve the future of healthcare with advanced medical diagnostics.
Currently, the lab is looking to fill the following positions:
Medical Laboratory Technician
Responsible for performing medical tests in the Molecular Lab. Does not need to be certified if a degree in Chemistry or Biology has been attained.
- Collect and organize blood, tissue, and other bodily fluid samples from patients
- Prepare samples for routine testing and analysis
- Properly record results for further analysis and easy reference
- Monitor inventory samples and supplies
- Maintain a clean work environment
- You must have experience as a Medical Technologist (ASCP Certificate that is CURRENT is a plus!)
- BS in Biology or Chemistry is also helpful
- Familiarity with common medical terminology
- Experience in a laboratory setting
- Strong organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18-$22 per hour
- ***MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH MANUAL EXTRACTION PROCESSES***
- Has earned a bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution
- Has at least 2 years of current laboratory experience, in moderate complexity testing (Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis)
- Has 2 years of laboratory training or experience in high complexity testing (Allergy and/or Molecular)
Job Type: Full-time
All positions located in Greenville, SC. Please email: HR@DIVMEDINC.COM to apply.